An Austria-based gun producer is proposing to purchase over 4,000 acres of property located just north of Whitesburg and between Highway 5 & Jones Mill Road, according to Carroll County’s district 5 commissioner Ernie Reynolds.
Reynolds stating that Glock, Inc. intends to leave about 90% of this acreage “as it is”, serving as a buffer for the remaining 10% of the acreage, which they plan to have as public safety training / gun range areas for military & law enforcement personnel.
The Georgia Agricultural Land trust is hosting an informational meeting regarding Glock and their proposed rezoning of 378 acres within the 4,200 acres property. Representatives of Glock, will be present to answer questions and address concerns.
The meeting will be held this Thursday at 6pm at the Antioch Baptist Church Fellowship Hall, 1835 east highway 5, Whitesburg.