CARROLLTON, GA — The Trojan fifth-grade football team finished up its season with a 12-1 record and secured the championship title on Nov. 19. The boys swept the Harrison league with a 6-0 victory. This was the first season that fifth grade had a team of its own as part of the Cobb County Football League through the Carrollton Recreation Department. The team is led by Chad Carter as head coach, and assistant coaches Hunter James, Juwan Cousins, Luke Carter, and Bryan Bush. While 95 percent of the fifth-grade team members are Carrollton Trojans, John Layng, superintendent of athletics and aquatics for the Carrollton Recreation Department, says the other 5 percent are other kids in Carroll County. Layng also noted that this group of Harrison players had won the championship game every year since kindergarten until the Trojans won Saturday.
UWG, Andrew College sign partnership agreement that will streamline pathway for theatre students between two institutions
Leaders from the University of West Georgia and Andrew College recently signed a partnership agreement that will provide a streamlined