On May 12, 2020, in the noon hour, officers responded to 103 Nizzear Lane where it was reported a drive-by shooting occurred at the residence. There were no injuries reported; however, there was damage to a vehicle and the residence caused by a firearm.
During a lengthy investigation, a suspect vehicle was identified as a black Toyota Scion.
Investigators located the suspect vehicle around 6:30 pm in the parking lot of 460 Hays Mill Road (SOMA apartments).
While attempting to investigate the location of the driver, officers were then called to respond to the area of 166 By-Pass, Tabernacle Drive, and Ben Scott Blvd in reference to reports of two vehicles driving down the road with occupants shooting back and forth around 7:00 pm.
Officers located one of the suspect vehicles and attempted to initiate a traffic stop. The driver fled and led officers on a short vehicle pursuit. The suspect vehicle, a silver Chrysler 200, stopped in front of 103 Nizzear Lane where all occupants were detained without incident.
A short while later, a female called 911 and advised her son’s vehicle had been damaged by gun shots near Tabernacle Drive. Investigators responded and located the second vehicle involved, a white Chevrolet Impala, as well as the driver.
Around 8:40 pm, the driver of the suspect vehicle from the original shooting on Nizzear Lane was later located and identified during a traffic stop. That investigation led to his arrest as well as the arrest of the shooter from that incident.
It was determined both incidents were related and a result of an ongoing dispute.
Numerous firearms were recovered during the investigation.
The following persons have been arrested and charged:
– Trelandous Parham, 17, 146 Nizzear Lane, Carrollton – Aggravated Assault
– Dylan Blake Carroll, 18, 460 Hays Mill Road, Carrollton – Aggravated Assault
– Jerime Lacey, 23, 103 Nizzear Lane, Carrollton – Aggravated Assault, Fleeing & Attempting to Elude, Obstruction, Carrying a Weapon in a School Safety Zone, Reckless Conduct, and numerous traffic offenses
– Malachi Manjuan Smith, 19, 103 Nizzear Lane, Carrollton – Aggravated Assault, Obstruction, Carrying a Weapon in a School Safety Zone, Reckless Conduct
– Darrion Jejuan Mitchell, 19, 103 Nizzear Lane, Carrollton – Aggravated Assault, Obstruction, Carrying a Weapon in a School Safety Zone, Reckless Conduct
Possible additional arrests are pending.
(this article was realeased by CPD PIO, Meredith Browning)